Darshan Lal Jain an Indian social activist receives Padma Bhushan for his social works, Darshan Lal Jain story, Story of Darshan Lal Jain, Darshan Lal Jain wikipedia, Darshan Lal Jain social works, Darshan Lal Jain success story, Darshan Lal Jain freedom fighter, Story of freedom fighter Darshan Lal Jain, social works of Darshan Lal Jain, Inspirational story of Darshan Lal Jain.
Darshan Lal Jain: An Indian social activist receives Padma Bhushan for his social works
Darshan Lal Jain, an Indian social activist was awarded Padma Bhushan, India’s third highest civilian award, in 2019 for his contribution in social work Founder of various school and colleges, Darshan Lal Jain is known for educating young girls and financially weak children.
Let us know more about him-
Darshan Lal Jain was born in an influential industrialist family of Yamunanagar district on 12 December 1927. He was always inclined towards social work and worked in various fields, especially educating the poor and girl.
As a child, he was very sharp minded and was filled with the spirit of patriotism. Being inspired by Mahatma Gandhi he actively participated in the Swadeshi Movement and Quit India Movement at the age of 15.
In 1943, he opposed his school’s headmaster’s appeal to support the British war efforts.
He was a founder member of Saraswati Vidhya Mandir, Jagadhri, established in 1954 and the founder secretary of DAV College for Girls, Yamunanagar, the first girl’s college in the region, in 1957.
Darshan Lal Jain was imprisoned during Emergency from 1975 to 1977, and he declined the offer of the central government for conditional release.
He had also led various organizations such as Bharat Vikas Parishad, Vivekanand Rock Memorial Society, Vanvasi Kalyan Ashram, Hindu Shiksha Samiti, which is running about 100 schools in Haryana in rural and remote areas, and Geeta Niketan Residential School, Kurukshetra, in different capacities.
- Grandmother of the Jungle: Lakshmikutty, a tribal woman of Kerela gets Padma Shri
- PC Mustafa: From an IT professional to a successful Entrepreneur
- Mariyappan Thangavelu: India’s Paralympics Hero
- Subhasini Mistry: The Padma Shri awardee who built a charitable hospital
- Ramesh Gholap: The story of a Bangle Seller who is now an IAS officer
In 1997, he founded Nand Lal Geeta Vidhya Mandir at Tepla village in Ambala. The school imparts free education and boarding facility to poor but intelligent children hailing from Haryana, Northeast and Jammu and Kashmir.
In 1999, he established the Sarasvati Nadi Shodh Sansthan and started Sarasvati Revival Project. He also formed the Yodha Samarak Samiti in 2007 to commemorate the forgotten heroes of the nation.
Jain was never interested in joining politics. He declined an offer of a MIC seat by the Jan Sangh in 1954. Later the NDA government headed by the then PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee offered him governorship but he again declined. He remained the RSS president of Haryana for about 40 years till 2007.
”I am making efforts to serve the nation and my efforts in this direction will continue till my last breath” said Jain.
- Y. Aasife Ahmed’s journey from a pushcart to a chain of plush restaurants
- Prateek Sharma: The man who quit a bank job to create a broker-free market for farmers
- Shashwat Shukla: Barefoot Runner, who fought against all odds to set the world record
- Tulasi Munda: A social activist who worked to eradicate illiteracy
- Mohammed Siraj : Indian Bowler journey from tennis ball cricket to team India
- Ravi Suhag: Son of a Farmer a Top Ethical Hacker
- From Dowry Victim to UPSC Topper: The story of Komal Ganatra
- The Inspirational Journey of C Vanmathi
- Alankrita Pandey : The Kanpur girl who fought depression to top UPSC exam
- SURUCHI CHAUDHARY- Mother of two, cracked UPSC 2016 with AIR 152
- Inspirational Uncommon Success Story of IAS Officers – Govind Jaiswal, Ansar Shaikh, Vivek Chauhan
- The Inspirational Story of Byju Raveendran – He Cleared CAT 3 Times with 100 percentile, However He did not Join Guess Why
- Poonam Dalal IPS Success Story – From a Primary Teacher to ACP – The Epitome of Will Power and Hard Work
- ACP MANJITA VANZARA- An Engineer turned Fashion Designer turned Assistant Commissioner of Police